40 Years of Fighting for Community Justice
We fight for fairness, justice, and legal, economic, and social change, by addressing our community’s civil legal needs and training the next generation of public interest lawyers. Our work is rooted in a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and furthering racial justice.
To achieve our mission, we strive to:
- Stand with our clients by providing the highest quality free representation for individuals and families with legal needs related to debt and financial problems, disability, domestic violence, housing, income tax, LGBTQ+ advocacy, and veterans’ issues.
- Champion legal reform and accountability in our courts, laws, and public policy.
- Teach and mentor law students to be effective, creative, passionate, and inclusive lawyers.
- Share information about legal rights with our clients and community and empower them to advocate for themselves and others.
- Listen to our clients and community to develop new approaches to changing needs.
- Collaborate with community organizations to reach as many people as possible and participate in movements for meaningful social change.
- Study best practices and identify innovations in the delivery of legal services.
- Practice cultural competency in working with clients of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences, and ensure that our services are fully accessible to all members of the communities we serve.