How We Help
We provide free legal help to low and middle income consumers in a wide variety of matters. Some of the things we help people with are:
- Defending lawsuits brought by buyers of credit card and other debt;
- Preventing the garnishment of wages for debts;
- Suing on behalf of individuals who have faced unfair debt collection or consumer scams;
- Representing consumers seeking a fresh start through bankruptcy;
- Defending homeowners against foreclosure.
Apply for Assistance
If you are facing a consumer issue and would like to find out if you are eligible for assistance, please call the Consumer Protection Clinic’s intake line at 617-390-2666 and leave a message. We will return your call as soon as possible.
If you need an interpreter, one will be provided for you.
Looking for the Project on Predatory Student Lending? Visit their website.